Ion cyclotron heating experiments in PLT [electronic resource].
- Princeton, N.J. : Princeton University, 1985. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 24 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Princeton University and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Results from ICRF heating experiments in the D-/sup 3/He minority regime on the PLT tokamak are reported. At the highest coupled rf power of 2.6 MW, a central ion temperature of 3.6 keV has been measured in plasmas with a central density of 5 x 10/sup 13/cm/sup -3/. The central value of the electron temperature is strongly modulated by the sawtooth internal relaxation and reaches values in excess of 3 keV. No deterioration of the ion heating efficiency has been found in the investigated range of plasma parameters.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/01/1985., "pppl-2208", "DE85011690", and Greene, G.; Cohen, S.; Hosea, J.; Mazzucato, E.; Hammett, G.; Bitter, M.; Colestock, P.; Hinnov, E.; Bell, R.; Cavallo, A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14752457