Neutral beam current requirements for MX [electronic resource].
- Livermore, Calif. : Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, 1977.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 28 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The neutral beam current required to sustain the MX plasma is calculated for the plasma modeled by (a) a flat-top radial density profile and (b) a diffuse radial profile. Estimates of the plasma length are obtained from Fokker-Planck calculations and a three-dimensional guiding-center equilibrium code. Beam trapping efficiency is calculated from a model taking into account the spatial dimensions of the beam and plasma. The sensitivity to variations of magnetic field and plasma beta is calculated for the plasma parameters n tau, beam current, and axial scale length.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucrl-52205
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Stallard, B.W.; Rensink, M.E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14752514