Nuclear design calculations for the TFTR neutral beam injectors [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1977.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 5 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The results of two-dimensional neutronics calculations aimed at identifying the nuclear responses that affect the performance of vital components are summarized. The neutral beam injector assembly was modelled using r-z geometry with cylindrical symmetry about z-axis. The dimensions and compositions of the components were taken from engineering drawings and sketches. The neutron source strength was assumed to be composed entirely of 14-MeV neutrons isotropically emitted from an area having a radius of 70 cm. The total neutron yield from the reactor was 7 x 10/sup 18/ neutrons/second. The radiation transport calculations were performed using the two-dimensional discrete ordinates code DOT with an S/sub 8/ angular quadrature, and a P/sub 3/ Legendre expansion of the cross section. (MHR)
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:conf-771109-81
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
ANS winter meeting, San Francisco, CA, USA, 27 Nov 1977.
Barnes, J.M.; Alsmiller, R.G. Jr.; Santoro, R.T.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14752586