Study of efficient high-power, high-energy neutral beams for the Reference Mirror Reactor [electronic resource].
- Livermore, Calif. : Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, 1976.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 60 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- An injector design for the Reference Mirror Reactor is described which uses negative ions created by charge-exchange in a cesium vapor cell and neutralized by photodetachment. Some of the innovations discussed include a continuously operating cathode for an LBL/LLL ion source, a negative ion beam line with cooled grids, a high voltage accelerator configuration with insulators shielded from the neutron and gamma flux, and cryopanels which continuously cycle between pumping and outgassing modes.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Barr, W.L.; Fink, J.H.; Hamilton, G.W.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14752808