Current ramp-up with rf waves in a tokamak [electronic resource].
- Princeton, N.J. : Princeton University, 1984. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 15 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Princeton University and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The circuit equations for current-drive in a start-up or ramp-up plasma are derived by finding appropriate response functions in the presence of an electric field. The effect of arbitrary wave-induced fluxes on runaway production and current generation can then be determined. An interpretation of the rather remarkable PLT ramp-up efficiencies, difficult to explain using the steady-state efficiency, is now possible. A parameter regime, available also on reactor-grade devices, is identified wherein quick ramp-up by lower-hybrid waves may be efficient.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 08/01/1984., "pppl-2132", "DE84017068", and Karney, C.F.F.; Fisch, N.J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14752961