Analytic representation of fields resulting from currents on a torus [electronic resource].
- Livermore, Calif. : Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, 1976. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 16 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Maxwell's equations have been analytically solved for the internal magnetic fields that result from steady currents flowing on the surface of a torus. The method involves solving Poisson's equation for the vector potential using the Green's function in toroidal coordinates. The result represents the field as an expansion in toroidal harmonics, the expansion parameters being obtained explicitly in the form of definite integrals over the currents. The special case of helical windings is developed.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/10/1976., "ucrl-52069", and Hartman, C.W.; Killeen, J.; Mirin, A.A.; Uman, M.F.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14752999