Pockels cell pulse-stackers [electronic resource].
- Livermore, Calif. : Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, 1976.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 11 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The general transmission characteristics of a pulse-stacking system consisting of an etalon and a cylindrical-ring electrode Pockels cell Q-switch are discussed. A voltage pulse-forming network capable of switching the Pockels cell transmission on the necessary time scales is presented and the outputs of a simple pulse-stacker configuration are calculated for different voltage waveforms. These results indicate that an efficient (approximately 1 percent total pulse energy transmission) Pockels cell pulse-stacker can be constructed, which can provide a variable, faster-than-exponential rise in transmitted pulse intensity.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucrl-51908
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14753100