Mirror hybrids [electronic resource] : a status report. [Optimization studies].
- Livermore, Calif. : Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, 1976.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 24 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Studies predict that neutrons produced in a D-T plasma, classically confined in a minimum B mirror field, could be used to economically produce fissile fuel. The conceptual design of such a facility is underway at LLL and GA. This facility, a mirror fusion fast fission hybrid reactor, uses a minimum extrapolation of present fusion technology to produce 2400 kg/y Pu plus 1000 MWe net from a fusion power of 500 MW. The estimated cost of producing the Pu is 55 $/g or 4.0 mills/kWhr in an LWR fuel cycle.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
2. topical meeting on the technology of controlled nuclear fusion, Richland, WA, USA, 21 Sep 1976.
Bender, D.J.; Lee, J.D.; Moir, R.W.; Schultz, K.R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14753115