Magnet and conductor developments for the Mirror Fusion Program [electronic resource].
- Livermore, Calif : Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 1981. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 18 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The conductor development and the magnet design and construction for the MFTF are described. Future plans for the Mirror Program and their influence on the associated superconductor development program are discussed. Included is a summary of the progress being made to develop large, high-field, multifilamentary Nb/sub 3/Sn superconductors and the feasibility of building a 12-T yin-yang set of coils for the machine to follow MFTF. In a further look into the future, possible magnetic configurations and requirements for mirror reactors are surveyed.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 10/09/1981., "ucrl-86777", " conf-811051-1", "DE82001062", US-Japan superconductive magnetic energy storage workshop, Madison, WI, USA, 19 Oct 1981., and Cornish, D.N.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14753862