Plasmas in particle accelerators [electronic resource] : adiabatic theories for bunched beams
- Livermore, Calif. : Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, 1981.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 20 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Three different formalisms for discussing Vlasov's equation for bunched beam problems with anharmonic space charge forces are outlined. These correspond to the use of a drift kinetic equation averaged over random betatron motions; a fluidkinetic adiabatic regime analogous to the theory of Chew, Goldberger, and Low; and an adiabatic hydrodynamic theory.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucid-18947
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14754023