Final report covering work done under LLL P. O. No. 4165009 [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 22 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The High Field Test Facility (HFTF) to be built at Lawrence Livermore Laboratories (LLL) consists of a magnet which will be wound with Nb/sub 3/Sn superconductor. Embossed and electroplated copper strip will be soldered to the two broad sides of a rectangular Nb/sub 3/Sn superconductor 5.4 mm x 11.0 mm x approximately 100 m long. It is the purpose of this project to upgrade existing facilities to emboss the copper stabilizer strip, electroplate the strip with 50 Pb-50 Sn solder, and to solder two such strips to the superconductor. This program has been approached in seven separate tasks which are described in this report.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/21/1979., "ucrl-15156", " su-79-107", Spencer, C., and Airco, Inc., Murray Hill, NJ (USA). Central Research Labs.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14754630