Structural analysis of the magnet system for Mirror Fusion Test Facility (MFTF). Addendum I [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 31 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The stress analysis refinement of the MFTF magnet system using GDSAP (General Dynamics Structural Analysis Program) and NASTRAN finite element computer models has been completed. The objective of this analysis was to calculate a more refined case and jacket stress distribution. The GDSAP model was refined in the minor radius area to yield a more detailed prediction of the stress distributions in critical areas identified by the previous analysis. Modifications in the case plate thickness (from 3.0 inches to 3.2 inches) and in the conductor pack load distribution and stiffness were included. The GDSAP model was converted to an identical NASTRAN model to determine the influence on stress results using higher order elements.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/01/1979., "ucrl-15112", " casd-lll-78-003", Wohlwend, J.W.; Loss, K.R., and General Dynamics/Convair, San Diego, CA (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14754642