Sputtering of Be and BeO by light ions [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Sputtering yields of Be and BeO using 50 eV to 8 keV H/sup +/, D/sup +/ and He/sup +/ ions are reported. The measurements were made by determining the weight loss of the samples using a microbalance with sub-microgram sensitivity. Zone melted Be and sintered BeO targets were used. For the oxide measurements, the surface charge was compensated by electrons emitted from a hot tungsten filament. The energy dependence of the sputtering yield for both Be and BeO shows a maximum near 1 keV and a sharp decrease to lower energies. The results are discussed in terms of a scaling rule for low energy ion sputtering.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
1. topical meeting on fusion reactor materials, Miami Beach, FL, USA, 29 Jan 1979.
Roth, J.; Bohdansky, J.; Borders, J.A.; Blewer, R.S.; Ottenberger, W.
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Plasmaphysik, Garching (Germany, F.R.)
Sandia Labs., Albuquerque, NM (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14754929