Extrapolated neutron activation cross sections for dosimetry to 44 MeV [electronic resource].
- Argonne, Ill. : Argonne National Laboratory, 1978.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 40 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Thirty-one neutron activation cross sections have been extrapolated to 44 MeV for dosimetry applications at high-energy, accelerator-based neutron sources. All cross sections have undergone integral testing in Be(d,n) fields at E/sub d/ = 14, 16, and 40 MeV. The integral activities for most of the reactions agree within 10% with calculations based on time-of-flight measurements of the flux spectra. Tests show that at least 25 of the cross sections can be used with the SAND II code to unfold neutron spectra with differential errors of 10 to 30% in the neutron energy range from 2 to 30 MeV.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:anl/fpp/tm-115
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14755043