2XIIB plasma confinement experiments [electronic resource].
- Livermore, Calif. : Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, 1978.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 16 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This paper discusses results of plasma-confinement experiments in the 2XIIB magnetic mirror device. We report experiments attempting to achieve field-reversal using neutral-beam injection in which the central magnetic field is reduced by 90% but field lines are not closed. Experiments with different neutral-beam aiming show that at constant beta both electron temperature and the energy-confinement parameter (n tau) increase at larger radius. Finally, we discuss recent improvements in electron temperature and microinstability measurements.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
7. conference on plasma physics and control, Innsbruck, Austria, 23 Aug 1978.
Coensgen, F.H.; Simonen, T.C.; Clauser, J.F.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14755211