Experiments with vacuum interrupters used for large dc-current interruption [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1977.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 24 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Vacuum interrupters have been tested in circuits similar to those used in theta-pinch and Tokamak fusion devices. The effects on performance of auxiliary circuit components and axial magnetic fields have been determined, and limits to lifetime caused by mechanical and electrical wear have been measured. Results show that the upper reliable limit of interruption is independent of the auxiliary components but quite dependent on interrupter size and on the axial field.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Los Alamos Scientific Lab., N.Mex. (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14755349