Investigations in plasma dynamics. Annual progress report, September 15, 1976--September 15, 1977 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1977. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 7 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- During the previous contract year three investigations were completed. The effect of lower hybrid heating on drift modes has been studied, and it was found that lower hybrid heating can modify the drift wave spectrum. We have investigated the coupling of unstable drift waves by a process akin to nonlinear Landau damping, and found that the drift wave spectrum tends toward isotropy in the plane perpendicular to the magnetic field, in agreement with experiments. Finally it was shown that the purely growing drift mode is stabilized by magnetic shear in Tokomak devices.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/01/1977., "coo-3004-23", Schmidt, G., and Stevens Inst. of Tech., Hoboken, N.J. (USA). Dept. of Physics and Engineering Physics
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14755398