TFTR tritium valve for pulsed gas feed, test results [electronic resource].
- El Segundo, Calif. : Aerospace Corporation, 1977.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 3 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Aerospace Corporation and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper presents the results of a test program currently being conducted at the PPPL (Princeton Plasma Physics Lab) to evaluate the design of an engineering-model valve to be used for controlling pulsed-feed tritium injection scenarios into the TFTR (TOKAMAK) torus. The test program is designed to characterize the performance of the valve and determine throughput modulation and repeatability. Testing is being performed primarily with helium gas, but the capability to test with argon, deuterium, and hydrogen gases is available in order to provide an adequate data base to extrapolate to the tritium case. The TFTR proposed tritium feed system line configurations have also been simulated to evaluate dynamic effects of the pulsed feed.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:conf-771029-155
- Other Subject(s):
- Reactor Fueling
- Tftr Reactor
- Performance Testing
- Beam Injection
- Beta Decay Radioisotopes
- Beta-Minus Decay Radioisotopes
- Control Equipment
- Flow Regulators
- Hydrogen Isotopes
- Light Nuclei
- Odd-Even Nuclei
- Thermonuclear Reactors
- Tokamak Type Reactors
- Years Living Radioisotopes
- Published through SciTech Connect.
7. symposium on fusion research project, Knoxville, TN, USA, 25 Oct 1977.
Walls, R.; Rockensies, J.W.; Sue, B.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14755567