Experiments on the ATC Tokamak [electronic resource].
- Princeton, N.J. : Princeton University, 1976. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 16 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Princeton University and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A study is presented of electron density fluctuations in the ATC using both microwave and CO/sub 2/ laser scattering. Fluctuations with wavelength between 2 cm and 0.3 mm and with frequencies up to 1.5 MHz was observed. Their amplitude n/sub e//anti n/sub e/ is of the order of 10/sup -2/. Local measurements of the safety factor q and Z/sub eff/ are reported. The value of q was obtained from the shifts of injected ion orbits relative to the magnetic surfaces; Z/sub eff/ was obtained from the scattering rate of radially localized injected ions. Both these measurements indicate a peaking of Z/sub eff/ on axis. Measurements are presented of the parallel and anti-parallel fast neutral spectra which indicate very different profiles for T/sub i parallel/ and T/sub i anti-parallel/.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/01/1976., "pppl-1290", " conf-761012-34", 6. international conference on plasma physics and controlled nuclear fusion research, Berchtesgaden, F.R. Germany, 6 Oct 1976., and Goldston, R.J.; Mazzucato, E.; Surko, C.M.; Slusher, R.E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14755756