Progress report on testing of a 100-kV 125-mA deuteron injector [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1979.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 4 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The Linear Accelerator to be used for the Fusion Materials Irradiation Test Facility (FMIT) will require an injection energy of 100 keV at a dc current level of 125 mA. Studies are being made on a pre-prototype version of this injector, including performance tests of both a single aperture reflex-arc ion source and a cusp-field source. A single stage, high-gradient extraction system is used prior to mass analysis in a 90/sup 0/ bending magnet. A two-stage beam steering device to measure beam emittance under full beam power has been designed and constructed. To avoid production of neutrons, all prototype tests are run with H/sub 2//sup +/ ions rather than D/sup +/ ions.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
IEEE particle accelerator conference, San Francisco, CA, USA, 12 Mar 1979.
Armstrong, D.D.; Meyer, E.A.; Schneider, J.D.; Ruthowski, H.L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14756119