Velocity pump reaction turbine [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1984.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- An expanding hydraulic/two-phase velocity pump reaction turbine including a dual concentric rotor configuration with an inter-rotor annular flow channel in which the inner rotor is mechanically driven by the outer rotor. In another embodiment, the inner rotor is immobilized and provided with gas recovery ports on its outer surface by means of which gas in solution may be recovered. This velocity pump reaction turbine configuration is capable of potential energy conversion efficiencies of up to 70%, and is particularly suited for geothermal applications.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:us 4430042
- Other Subject(s):
- Velocity Pump Reaction Turbine Expanding Hydraulic Two-Phase Velocity Pump Reaction Turbine Including Dual Concentric Rotor Configuration Inter-Rotor Annular Flow Channel Inner Rotor Mechanically Driven Outer Rotor Embodiment Inner Rotor Immobilized Provided Gas Recovery Ports Outer Surface Means Gas Solution Recovered Velocity Pump Reaction Turbine Configuration Capable Potential Energy Conversion Efficiencies 70 Particularly Suited Geothermal Applications Reaction Turbine Reaction Turbine Reaction Turbine Pump Reaction Pump Reaction Pump Reaction Velocity Pump Velocity Pump Velocity Pump Outer Rotor Inner Rotor Inner Rotor Conversion Efficiencies Particularly Suited Flow Channel Outer Surface Energy Conversion Annular Flow Phase Velocity Potential Energy Mechanically Driven Rotor Configuration Gas Recovery Concentric Rotor Two-Phase Velocity Turbine Including Inter-Rotor Annular Expanding Hydraulic Dual Concentric
- Published through SciTech Connect.
House, Palmer A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14756477