Operating Environment and Functional Requirements for Intelligent Distributed Control in the Electric Power Grid [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2001.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 22 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The restructuring of the U.S. power industry will surely lead to a greater dependence on computers and communications to allow appropriate information sharing for management and control of the power grid. This report describes the operating environment for system operations that control the bulk power system as it exists today including the role NERC plays in this process. Some high-level functional requirements for new approaches to control of the grid are listed followed by a description of the next research steps that are needed to identify specific information management functions.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:sand2000-1004
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
SMATHERS, DOUGLAS C.; AKHIL, ABBAS ALI.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14757415