Modular simulation of a hybrid power system with diesel and wind turbine generation [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1998.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 11 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In this paper, the authors present the modular simulation tool they developed to help study the system dynamics for wind-diesel power systems. The principal modules of the simulator, which include a diesel generator, a wind turbine generator, a rotary converter with a battery, a village load and a dump load, are described. With a case study, the authors demonstrate how the designer benefits from easily understanding the effects of system modifications. Using this tool, a designer can easily develop control strategies to balance the system power flows under different generation/load conditions.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:nrel/cp--500-24681
E 1.99: conf-980437--
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Windpower '98, Bakersfield, CA (US), 04/27/1998--05/01/1998.
Nix, G.; Drouilhet, S.; Bialasiewicz, J.T.; Mulijadi, E.
National Renewable Energy Lab., National Wind Technology Center, Golden, CO (US)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14758221