Nuclear shapes from heavy ion inelastic scattering [electronic resource].
- Bowling Green, Ky. : Western Kentucky University, 1987. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 10 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Western Kentucky University and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Earlier inelastic scattering experiments at energies above the Coulomb barrier have shown that angular distributions for the ground state and strongly coupled excited states can provide an accurate determination of a number of nuclear deformation parameters. An inelastic scattering experiment of /sup 24/Mg on /sup 208/Pb indicates that indeed this is a viable technique. 8 refs., 2 figs., 2 tabs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1987., "conf-8706193-4", "DE88000584", International conference on nuclear shapes, Crete, Greece, 28 Jun 1987., and Humphrey, D.L.; Gross, E.E.; Hensley, D.C.; Vourvopoulos, G.; Vancleve, T.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14758607