10 m Nb<sub>3</sub>Sn Cable for 60 Hz Power Transmission [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1978. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 155-158 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A 10 m Nb <sub> 3</sub>Sn cable for 60 Hz power transmission was constructed. The coaxial cable is of flexible, multiple helix, tape wound form. It has been designed and instrumented for short circuit current tests. The inner and outer conductor diameters are approximately 24 and 30 mm respectively. The cable is installed in a horizontal cryostat with its ends fixed to room temperature supports. Measurements have been made of ac losses, fault currents, current sharing, and recovery from local quenches.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/01/1978., "bnl-24935", " conf-780952-40", IEEE Transactions on Magnetics 15 1, Applied Superconductivity Conference, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 25 Sep 1978., and Garbert, M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14758817