The measurement of the polarization of protons from deuteron stripping reactions [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1963.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 161 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The University of Pittsburgh cyclotron and scattering system were used to investigate the angular distributions of the proton polarization for the following reactions: C/sup 12/(d,p)C/sup 13*/; Mg/sup 24/(d,p)Mg/sup 25*/; Be/sup 9/(d,p Be/sup 10*/; Si/sup 28/(d,p)Si/sup 29*/. For each reaction a measurement of the polarization at approximately every 5 deg between 10 and 80 deg was made. Deuteron elastic cross sections for the Be/sup 9/ and Si/sup 28/ reactions were measured. Data are shown in tables and figures. Results are compared with theoretical predictions and with results of other investigators. The validity of the sign rule and the possibility of determining j, from proton polarization measurements by some method other than the sign rule are discussed. (A.G.W.)
- Published through SciTech Connect., 04/01/1963., "conf-46--25", " aed-conf--63-048-70", American Physical Society Spring Meeting, Washington, D.C. (United States), 22-25 Apr 1963., Reber, Larry Hilton., and Univ. of Pittsburgh, PA (United States)
View MARC record | catkey: 14758936