Secondary Contribution Effects on BNCT Dosimetry [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- vp : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The aimed of this work consists of evaluating the influence of the dose secondary components (thermal neutrons dose, epithermal neutrons dose, fast neutrons dose and photon dose) in treatment planning with BNCT. MCNP4B Code was used to calculate RBE-Gy doses through the irradiation of the modified Snyder head phantom. A reduction of the therapeutical gain of monoenergetic neutron beans was observed in non invasive treatments, provoked for the predominance of the fast neutron dose component in the skin, showing that the secondary components of dose can to contribute more for to raise the healthy-tissue dose of that in the tumor, reducing the treatment efficiency.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:839474
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Americas Nuclear Energy Symposium (ANES 2004), Miami, FL (US), 10/03/2004--10/06/2004.
Goncalves, M.; Pereira, W.; Monteiro, E.
Programa de Engenharia Nuclear COPPE/UFRJ. Cidade Universitaria, s/n, Ilha do Governador, Rio de Janeiro Brasil
Instituto de Radioproteo e Dosimetria Av. Salvador Allende, S/N. Recreio dos Bandeirantes, Rio de Janeiro (BR)
View MARC record | catkey: 14759889