Radiation effects [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1985.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 3 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- For the meeting of the Commission on Radiochemistry and Nuclear Techniques our chairman has submitted comments on potential problems that the Commission should consider in Lyon which had been posed by various members. In one of these comments, Prof. Roth has mentioned the problem of radiation effects in solids and in water and water solutions. The radiolysis of water has been of concern for a large number of years, but as Prof. Roth notes, the radiation effects on the first wall of fusion reactors is a problem that has arisen only in recent years and for which no critical data compilation is presently available. This paper has been prepared in response to Prof. Roth's comments and indicates a possible area, which the Commission might conceivably address at this meeting and/or in the near future. 7 refs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
33. IUPAC general assembly, Lyon, France, 30 Aug 1985.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14760735