Los Alamos DP West Plutonium Facility decontamination project [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1982. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 14 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The DP West Plutonium Facility operated by the Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico, was decontaminated between April 1978 and April 1981. The facility was constructed in 1944 to 1945 to produce plutonium metal and fabricate parts for nuclear weapons. It was continually used as a plutonium processing and research facility until mid-1978. Decontamination operations included dismantling and removing gloveboxes and conveyor tunnels; removing process systems, utilities, and exhaust ducts; and decontaminating all remaining surfaces. This report describes glovebox and conveyor tunnel separations, decontamination techniques, health and safety considerations, waste management procedures, and costs of the operation.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1982., "la-ur-82-2372", " conf-821005-10", "DE82021879", DOE international decommissioning symposium, Seattle, WA, USA, 10 Oct 1982., and Cox, E.J.; Valentine, A.M.; Garde, R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14760869