Calculated yields of ammonia in the radiolysis of deoxygenated solutions of glycylglycine [electronic resource].
- Gainesville. Fla. : University of Florida. Department of Environmental Engineering, 1988. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 16 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Florida. Department of Environmental Engineering and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper presents detailed Monte Carlo simulations of physical and chemical interactions occurring within electron tracks in deoxygenated solutions of glycylglycine. Hydrated electrons produced within these tracks react with the solute to produce ammonia and a peptide secondary free radical. Calculated yields of ammonia are presented for a range of solute concentrations and electron energies. Excellent agreement is found between calculated and measured yields of ammonia in solutions irradiated by 250-kVp x-rays and /sup 60/Co gamma rays. 12 refs., 5 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1988., "conf-8804141-3", "DE88012482", 11. Werner Brandt workshop on penetration phenomena of charged particles in water, Oak Ridge, TN, USA, 14 Apr 1988., and Jacobson, K.B.; Turner, J.E.; Bolch, W.E.; Yoshida, H.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14761013