Synthesis and biological incorporatin of icons into macromolecules for NMR study [electronic resource].
- Salt Lake City, Utah : University of Utah, 1976.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 12 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Utah and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Work has proceeded successfully to synthesize novel /sup 13/C-labeled materials for incorporation into macromolecules. Gram quantities of C-4 labeled uracil have been synthesized and incorporated, by means of a mutant bacterial strain into t-RNA. The t-RNA has been isolated, purified, and carbon-13 T/sub 1/ studies have begun. A modern, well equipped biochemistry laboratory has become functional during the present contract period. Good progress has been made on nonenzymatic reactions of pyridoxal-5'-phosphate with selected amino actions. This effort has successfully elucidated many reaction intermediates and products. In addition, /sup 13/C containing haptens have been synthesized and screening tests have now begun on rabbits to verify the specificity of antibodies for two haptens. (auth)
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:coo-2451-2
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14761126