Low p/sub T/ inclusive production in hadron-nucleus collisions. [100 GeV/c] [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1980. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 15 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- New experimental results on the A dependence of inclusive hadron scattering are described with emphasis on the projectile fragmentation region. The experiment measured h + A ..-->.. h' + x, where h was ..pi../sup +/, K/sup +/, or p; h' was ..pi../sup + -/, K/sup + -/, or p; and A, the nuclear target, was C, Al, Cu, Ag, or Pb. The experimental apparatus consisted of the Fermilab M6E beam line and the Single Arm Spectrometer Facility. An incident beam of 100 GeV/c was used; the production of fast h' was measured over the transverse momentum range from 0.18 to 0.5. Invariant cross sections are presented and fitted to a power law function in A. For all channels, increasing attenuation as a function of A is seen. Fitted values of fragmentation functions of spectator and wounded quarks are shown for pion-induced reactions. 8 figures. (RWR)
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1980., "bnl-28166", " conf-8006108-1", 11. international symposium on multiparticle dynamics, Bruges, Belgium, 22 Jun 1980., and Barton, D S.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14761569