Boys love manga and beyond : history, culture, and community in Japan / edited by Mark McLelland, Kazumi Nagaike, Katsuhiko Suganuma, and James Welker
- Jackson : University Press of Mississippi, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 303 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- McLelland, Mark J., 1966-, Nagaike, Kazumi, Suganuma, Katsuhiko, and Welker, James
- Machine generated contents note: An Introduction to "Boys Love" in Japan / James Welker -- A Genealogy of Boys Love: The Gaze of the Girl and the Bishonen Body in the Prewar Images of Takabatake Kasho / Barbara Hartley -- A Brief History of Shonen'ai, Yaoi, and Boys Love / James Welker -- The Evolution of BL as "Playing with Gender": Viewing the Genesis and Development of BL from a Contemporary Perspective / Fujimoto Yukari -- What Can We Learn from Japanese Professional BL Writers?: A Sociological Analysis of Yaoi/BL Terminology and Classifications / Kazuko Suzuki -- What Is Japanese "BL Studies?": A Historical and Analytical Overview / Tomoko Aoyama -- Politics of Utopia: Fantasy, Pornography, and Boys Love / Rio Otomo -- Moe Talk: Affective Communication among Female Fans of Yaoi in Japan / Patrick W. Galbraith -- Fujoshi Emergent: Shifting Popular Representations of Yaoi/BL Fandom in Japan / Jeffry T. Hester -- Do Heterosexual Men Dream of Homosexual Men?: BL Fudanshi and Discourse on Male Feminization / Kazumi Nagaike -- Representational Appropriation and the Autonomy of Desire in Yaoi/BL / Ishida Hitoshi -- Queering the Cooking Man: Food and Gender in Yoshinaga Fumi's (BL) Manga / Tomoko Aoyama -- Regulation of Manga Content in Japan: What Is the Future for BL? / Mark Mclelland.
- Young gay men—Japan—Comic books, strips, etc
- Romance comic books, strips, etc—Japan
- Women cartoonists—Japan
- Young women—Books and reading—Japan
- Girls—Books and reading—Japan
- Sex in popular culture—Japan
- COMICS & GRAPHIC NOVELS / Manga / Fantasy
- SOCIAL SCIENCE / Popular Culture
- SOCIAL SCIENCE / Media Studies
- 9781628461190 hardcover
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 14761993