PAGs, DRLs, AALs and Other Alphabet Soup MQOs for Laboratory Analyses [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2009. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- PDF-file: 65 pages; size: 2.2 Mbytes
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- During an incident of national significance involving radioactive materials protective action guides (PAGs) are established to protect workers and the public from harmful exposure levels of radioactive materials. The PAGs are stated in terms of dose and must be converted to measurable quantities in various media (DRLs). This workshop will present the current PAGs, methods for converting the PAGs to DRLs, and using the Data Quality Objectives process in the Multi-agency Radiological Laboratory Analytical Protocols Manual (MARLAP), derive measurement quality objectives (MQOs) for the laboratories. Examples from the Empire 09 exercise will be used in this presentation.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 10/15/2009., "llnl-conf-418373", Presented at: Radiobioassay and Radiochemical Measurements Conference, San Antonio, TX, United States, Oct 26 - Oct 30, 2009., and Wong, C T.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14792767