New look at displacement factor and point of measurement corrections in ionization chamber dosimetry [electronic resource].
- Batavia, Ill. : Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, 1983.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 34 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A new technique is presented for determination of the effective point of measurement when cavity ionization chambers are used to measure the absorbed dose due to ionizing radiation in a dense medium. An algorithm is derived relating the effective point of measurement to the displacement correction factor. This algorithm relates variations of the displacement factor to the radiation field gradient. The technique is applied to derive the magnitudes of the corrections for several chambers in a p(66)Be(49) neutron therapy beam. 30 references, 4 figures, 1 table.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:fnal-tm-1152
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Awschalom, M.; Rosenberg, I.; Ten Haken, R.K.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14793209