Materials safety data sheets the basis for control of toxic chemicals. Volume II [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1977.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: v : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- For large industrial and research operations, maintaining reasonable control of all toxic materials used in their operations can be a formidable task. A system utilizing cards has been developed that serves a dual purpose, informing the user regarding hazards of a particular material and also facilitating appropriate workplace surveillance during its use. Selected data, including threshold limit values, routes of absorption, symptoms of exposure, chronic effects, and emergency first-aid procedures, are printed on the card. A portion of the card contains the label that the user detaches and affixes to the container. This label classifies the material according to flammability, toxicity, reactivity, and special properties on a 0 through 4 hazard rating system. This report describes the development and use of such cards, contains the associated Toxic Material Data Sheets that provide full backup data for the labels, and furnishes a glossary of biomedical terms used in the Data Sheets.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Bolton, N. E.; Ketchen, E. E.; Porter, W. E.; Hunt, C. L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14794218