Proposal for a new tomographic device providing information on the chemical properties of a body section [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1986.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 68 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A system to analyze the chemical properties of a region of tissue located deep inside the human body without having to access it is proposed. The method is based on a high precision detection of x-rays or ..gamma..-rays (photons) from an external source Compton scattered from the tissue under inspection. The method provides chemical information of plane regions lying not too deep inside the body (<6 cm). The amount of radiation absorbed by the body is about the same as needed for a standard x-ray tomography. The exposure time is estimated to be shorter than 10 minutes. 37 refs., 13 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
4. European symposium on semiconductor detectors, Munich, F.R. Germany, 3 Mar 1986.
Rehak, P.; Gatti, E.; Kemmer, J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14794855