Calibration and Rating of Photovoltaics [electronic resource] : Preprint
- Washington, D.C. : Solar Energy Technologies Program (U.S.), 2012. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory (U.S.), Solar Energy Technologies Program (U.S.), and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Rating the performance of photovoltaic (PV) modules is critical to determining the cost per watt, and efficiency is useful to assess the relative progress among PV concepts. Procedures for determining the efficiency for PV technologies from 1-sun to low concentration to high concentration are discussed. We also discuss the state of the art in primary and secondary calibration of PV reference cells used by calibration laboratories around the world. Finally, we consider challenges to rating PV technologies and areas for improvement.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/01/2012., "nrel/cp-5200-53969", Presented at the 2012 IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, 3-8 June 2012, Austin, Texas., and Emery, K.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14795342