Experimental evaluation of a fixed collector employing vee-trough concentrator and vacuum tube receivers [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1977.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 5 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A test bed for experimental evaluation of a fixed solar collector which combines an evacuated glass tube solar receiver with a flat plate/black chrome plated copper absorber and an asymmetric veetrough concentrator was designed and constructed. Earlier predictions of thermal performance were compared with test data acquired for a bare vacuum tube receiver; and receiver tubes with Alzak aluminum, aluminized FEP Teflon film laminated sheet metal and second surface ordinary mirror reflectors. Test results and system economics as well as objectives of an ongoing program to obtain long-term performance data are discussed.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:conf-771120-9
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Winter annual meeting of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 27 Nov 1977.
Selcuk, M. K.
Jet Propulsion Lab., Pasadena, Calif. (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14797442