Evaluation of selected chemical processes for production of low-cost silicon. Fourth quarterly progress report, July 1, 1976--September 30, 1976 [electronic resource].
- Columbus, Ohio : Battelle Memorial Institute, 1976. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 24 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Battelle Memorial Institute and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The effort this quarter has been devoted to the operation of a ''miniplant'' for the preparation of silicon by the zinc reduction of silicon tetrachloride. This is in accordance with a previous decision to concentrate all development work on this process because it was concluded to have an economic advantage over other candidate processes explored earlier. Of the 22 runs made in the newly designed equipment this quarter, 12 were carried out under conditions which yielded meaningful data. (WDM)
- Published through SciTech Connect., 10/21/1976., "erda/jpl/954339-76/3", and Wilson, W.J.; Carmichael, D.C.; Blocher, J.M. Jr.; Browning, M.F.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14797449