Final report on MSFC assessment of Owens--Illinois SUNPAK collector problems [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1978. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 62 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) conducted an in-depth assessment of problems encountered with the Owens-Illinois SUNPAK liquid evacuated tube solar collector installed in several ERDA solar system demonstration sites. The assessment included analysis and independent tests of the collector in the MSFC Solar Simulator where the system failure conditions were duplicated. The assessment showed the basic design of the SUNPAK collector to be sound; however, material limitations dictate that near-term applications constraints be recognized by system designers. Subsequent retrofit activity by Owens-Illinois appears to have been effective in demonstrating the integrity of the SUNPAK collector.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/01/1978., "doe/nasa/tm--78179", " nasa-tm--78179", and Wiesenmaier, B. L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14797904