Preliminary evaluation of two-element optical concentrators for use in solar photovoltaic systems [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Energy Research and Development Administration, 1975.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 64 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Energy Research and Development Administration
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The objective of this program was: to evaluate for photovoltaic applications the use of the compound parabolic concentrator design as a field collector--in conjunction with a primary focusing concentrator. The primary focusing concentrator may be a parabolic reflector, an array of Fresnel mirrors, a Fresnel lens, or some other type; Select several candidate configurations of such compound systems (focusing concentrators/CPC field collectors); Perform an analytic evaluation of the technical performance of these systems; and identify the most promising configurations and perform a cost effectiveness study pertinent to coupling CPC concentrators to solar cells. (WDM)
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Spectrolab, Inc., Sylmar, Calif. (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14798196