Block V solar cell module [electronic resource] : design and test specification for intermediate-load applications, 1981
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1981.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 38 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The requirements for the design and test of terrestrial solar cell modules for one phase of DOE's Low-Cost Solar Array Project are presented. Intermediate-load modules designed to meet this specification will generally have the following design features and characteristics: (1) nominal operating voltage (V/sub no/) between 5 Vdc and 20 Vdc; (2) ability to be series-connected to worst-case open-circuit voltages of 1000 Vdc; (3) dimensions not exceeding 1.22 m x 2.44 m (4 ft x 8 ft); (4) flat-plate configuration (non-concentrating); and (5) output power referenced to nominal operating conditions and V/sub no/. In addition to module design and performance requirements, a series of characterization and qualification tests are also specified.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 02/20/1981., "doe/cs/31037-t1", Not Available., and Jet Propulsion Lab., Pasadena, CA (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14798402