West Chester Work Center [electronic resource] : solar space heating demonstration project
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 47 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This document reports on the construction stage of a solar space heating demonstration project. It describes an integrated system providing solar energy space heating for a 9982 sq. ft., newly built, one-story building. The building is located at 966 Matlack Street, West Goshen Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania. Functionally, the building consists of two sections: An Office and a Storeroom. The Office section is heated by solar-assisted water-to-air heat pump units. The Storeroom section is heated by an air-handling unit, containing a water-to-air coil. Solar energy is expected to provide 62% of the heating load, with the balance provided by a back-up electric boiler. The system includes 1900 active (2112 gross) square feet of flat-plate solar collectors, and a 6000 gallon above-ground indoor storage tank. Freeze protection is provided by a gravity drain-down scheme combined with nitrogen pressurization in a closed circuit.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Bell Telephone Co. of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14798867