Central receiver solar thermal power system, Phase 1. Pilot plant cost and commercial plant cost and performance preliminary design report. [150 MW commercial tower focus plant and 10 MW pilot plant] [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1977.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 148 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Martin Marietta Corporation, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Detailed cost and performance data for the 10 MWe Pilot Plant and the 150 MWe Commercial Plant are given. The Commercial Plant consists of 15 integrated collector - receiver modules. Each module contains 1325 heliostats and an internally mounted steam-generating receiver on a steel tower with an aperture height of 90 M. The Pilot Plant consists of one full-scale collector - receiver module. The two-stage sensible heat storage system utilizes a heat transfer salt medium and a hydrocarbon oil storage medium. The electric power generation system uses a conventional steam turbine-generator. The Pilot Plant is one module of the Commercial Plant, providing for one-to-one scaling in the most critical areas. (WHK)
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:san-1110-8(vol.7)
E 1.99: mcr-77-156(vol.7)
- Other Subject(s):
- Tower Focus Power Plants
- Demonstration Plants
- Pilot Plants
- Central Receivers
- Thermal Energy Storage Equipment
- Data Forms
- Functional Models
- Power Plants
- Solar Equipment
- Solar Power Plants
- Solar Receivers
- Solar Thermal Power Plants
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14799304