Installation guidelines for Solar Heating System, single-family residence at New Castle, Pennsylvania [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 170 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The Solar Heating System installer guidelines are provided for each subsystem and includes testing and filling the system. This single-family residential heating system is a solar-assisted, hydronic-to-warm-air system with solar-assisted domestic water heating. It is composed of the following major components: liquid cooled flat plate collectors; water storage tank; passive solar-fired domestic water preheater; electric hot water heater; heat pump with electric backup; solar hot water coil unit; tube-and-shell heat exchanger, three pumps, and associated pipes and valving in an energy transport module; control system; and air-cooled heat purge unit. Information is also provided on the operating procedures, controls, caution requirements, and routine and schedule maintenance. Information consists of written procedures, schematics, detail drawings, pictures and manufacturer's component data.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1980., "doe/nasa/cr-161355", Not Available., and Honeywell, Inc., Minneapolis, MN (USA). Energy Resources Center
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14799560