PEBBLES [electronic resource] : A COMPUTER CODE FOR MODELING PACKING, FLOW AND RECIRCULATIONOF PEBBLES IN A PEBBLE BED REACTOR
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Nuclear Energy, 2006. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Idaho National Laboratory, United States. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Nuclear Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A comprehensive, high fidelity model for pebble flow has been developed and embodied in the PEBBLES computer code. In this paper, a description of the physical artifacts included in the model is presented and some results from using the computer code for predicting the features of pebble flow and packing in a realistic pebble bed reactor design are shown. The sensitivity of models to various physical parameters is also discussed.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 10/01/2006., "inl/con-06-11790", 3rd International Topical Meeting on High Temperature Reactor Technology,Johannesburg, South Africa,10/01/2006,10/04/2006., and Abderrafi M. Ougouag; Joshua J. Cogliati.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14800238