Instrumentation and testing of a prestressed concrete containment vessel model [electronic resource].
- Rockville, Md. : U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 1997. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 9 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Static overpressurization tests of two scale models of nuclear containment structures - a steel containment vessel (SCV) representative of an improved, boiling water reactor (BWR) Mark II design and a prestressed concrete containment vessel (PCCV) for pressurized water reactors (PWR) - are being conducted by Sandia National Laboratories for the Nuclear Power Engineering Corporation of Japan and the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. This paper discusses plans for instrumentation and testing of the PCCV model. 6 refs., 2 figs., 2 tabs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 04/01/1997., "sand--97-0835c", " conf-970826--9", "DE97004648", 14. international conference on structural mechanics in reactor technology (SMIRT), Lyon (France), 17-22 Aug 1997., and Klamerus, E.W.; Hessheimer, M.F.; Pace, D.W.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14800780