A development approach for nuclear thermal propulsion [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (11 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The cost and time to develop nuclear thermal propulsion systems are very approach dependent. The objectives addressed are the development of an acceptable'' nuclear thermal propulsion system that can be used as part of the transportation system for people to explore Mars and the enhancement performance of other missions, within highly constrained budgets and schedules. To accomplish this, it was necessary to identify the cost drivers considering mission parameters, safety of the crew, mission success, facility availability and time and cost to construct new facilities, qualification criteria, status of technologies, management structure, and use of such system engineering techniques as concurrent engineering.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1992., "egg-m-92359", " conf-9208114--1", "DE92018020", American Nuclear Society meeting, Jackson Hole, WY (United States), 16-19 Aug 1992., Buden, D., and EG and G Idaho, Inc., Idaho Falls, ID (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14801256