Praise enhancements to include general strain hardening exponents and mid-life residual stress and water chemistry changes [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs, 1990.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (70 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The purpose of this document is to describe some recent changes made to the PRAISE Code to provide some additional capabilities. The major changes are associated with the new capability to analyze cases where there is a mid-life change in residual stresses and/or water chemistry. Such changes have been proposed as a means of improving the reliability of BWR piping by reducing the oxygen content of the coolant (or other favorable chemistry changes) or altering the residual stresses near welds to provide a stress distribution less favorable to crack initiation and growth. Induction heating stress improvement (IHSI) and mechanical stress improvement process (MSIP) are considered, with the time at which the process is implemented defined by the user. As-welded residual stresses are considered to be present prior to the stress imrovement treatment. Improved pre- and post-processors were also developed and are described, which should be particularly useful to users of the PC version of PRAISE. In addition, improved J-integral solutions are incorporated that allow a treatment of general Ramberg-Osgood strain hardening, rather than the specific values of the strain hardening exponent included in earlier versions of the PRAISE Code. This document discusses only the new additions to the code and is an addition to earlier documentation. Some example results are presented, and the Appendix provides a complete updated description of the input cards for the newly expanded PRAISE-CC Code. 10 refs., 13 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14801360